Sunday 18 October 2015

Home Away Part 2

In the last few years that I've been home in the summer, my sister and brother-in-law have invited me to a play. This time we saw The Secret Garden which we enjoyed immensely. Of course, my sister and I had wet eyes at the end (from the happy ending). 
One thing that I've always taken into account when going out in the States is how cold it can be due to the air conditioning. In other words, I don't leave home without a jacket. I doubt that my brother-in-law suffered from the cold temperature, but my sister did until intermission when the theatre must have realized or been told people were shivering from the cold.
This photo I took of the night sky one of the first days I was there, and here's another taken on a different evening but looking out onto the same soy bean field.
 On one of our evening walks while we were out to steal (with permission) some spinach from a neighbour's garden to make creamed spinach and to freeze some, we saw this flock of geese. Evening walks were pleasant unless there were mosquitoes. Of course, I got bitten the first night out.
This next photo isn't exactly the photo I wanted. For once all five dogs were lying in various positions on the floor in the living room. When I got up from the sofa to get my phone to take their photo, this is what happened.
Here's a good one of Prince, the white dog, under the table. He loves having his paws crossed. I miss all the dogs and my other family too.


We're having another sometimes rainy weekend in Madrid. Yesterday I got most of my winter clothes out though most of them need ironing. That's just about all I've got accomplished so far this weekend. Hope everyone is enjoying what's left of theirs and that you have a good week.
 
 


 


 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful landscapes and the dogs are amazing, especially Prince! He really is regal! I can image that you do miss the pups and your family. I hate ironing and don't envy you your task. Hoping Madrid stays warm for awhile yet. Wishing you a good week, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete