Sunday 7 July 2013

Moving On Up

People on facebook are always circulating scrumptious-looking recipes, which in my experience sometimes don't turn out as promised and tips that don't always work either. Before the heat arrived, I tried a chicken recipe that claimed you would never fry chicken again. It turned out too salty for me even though I didn't add any salt, and snopes.com is constantly posting that some of those wonderful tips may not work. However, the one on this Aunty Acid card that someone posted over there  is one of the most useful tips I've come across in ages.

Since Saturday of last week (except Sundays), I've been helping a couple of friends pack up a language institute. I mentioned this in my last week's post. Of course, we're doing the packing up in the afternoon when the sun is naturally the hottest. A few times last week I got on trains that didn't have the air conditioning on, so they were like saunas. I could stand to lose off my butt and belly. Do you think that may happen? I'm certainly not used to doing so much physical work in the heat. We've been getting home about 10.30 at night and we're all exhausted. Luckily I don't have class in the mornings after last week. In future, I'll try not to complain about all the junk I have that I need to get rid of nor the dust around my house. Our hands have come away black from touching books, and we've even found  material that could have already been put to use, but that no one (?) knew existed.

Well, that was my week. I'm not ready to start again tomorrow though someone has to. We're not sure when things have to be wrapped up. Soon I'm sure. Hope everybody has a  good week.

4 comments:

  1. Brenda, I'm sure your friends are happy for your help, but it sure sounds like a huge (and dirty) job. Bless you for being such a good friend. I have seen that tip, about the get well cards, before, and agree with you completely - a most useful tip, indeed!! Hoping the packing gets done soon and in time for whenever they tell you to be done. Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like hot job for sure. too bad you guys can't do this in the morning where it will be cooler-have a good week-it's really hot here now

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.................I've seen her before, I thought she could also be useful if someone calls who you havn't seen in a while. Maybe they wouldn't think you have been ignoring them, they would just think you're sick.
    Still packing?? hope that whole thing turns out ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the recipes not being as good as they promise! I made the crock pot chicken-beer recipe that promised to be the best chicken dinner ever. It wasn't good at all! A friend just posted the same link that I had gotten the recipe from and I had to tell her that she shouldn't waste her time on it..lol. Your friends are so lucky to have your help! And I bet you do end up losing some weight from the move. What has the temps been like there? I love the aunty acid tip! I could have used this tip a few times..lol. Have a great week, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete