Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Last Post of 2013

Prawns and crab and other 'delicacies' before our Christmas meal. There were 8 of us here. I know I missed posting on Sunday, which is when I normally post. It was the day I finished my year-end clean out.
j
Enrique, husband of my longtime friend June and whose home I always go to on Christmas Day, making a toast. I didn't get a photo of the tree, but June decorates absolutely everything that can be covered in tinsel and lights, including the TV!
June and myself with the turkey fresh from the oven.
Alicia, Enrique's sister, butchering the turkey. She cut it up in chunks, not slices. Next year I think I'll take my electric carving knife. Last two photos...

My foxy sox. I love getting socks and such for Christmas.
A bottle of red wine from 2009 from the special Art Series. I jokingly said I was going to open a bodega (winery). This is the third bottle I've received recently - one for my birthday, one from the Chinese restaurant and this one. If you'd like some nice wine, you know where to come.

This was some of my Christmas. I have other photos on my phone of us getting our plates of food, but those I haven't uploaded. Now I'm getting ready for New Year's Eve. On the menu we have baked lomo de cerdo (similar to ham), scalloped potatoes that I haven't made for a long time, Brussel sprouts and carrots. I usually make a hot fudge pudding cake, but this year I have some teacakes. Then at midnight we each have 12 grapes and toast the new year with cava (champagne) or in my case cider; cava gives me a headache.

All the time I've been writing this, I've heard fireworks and a couple of them have been fairly close. As the evening progresses there will be even more. I always remember how frightened dogs like my Zara was at Christmas and hope they don't suffer too much. Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year too.

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Brenda-love those foxy socks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Kathy. I'm wearing a pair now.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Katherine, hope this turns out to be a fantastic year for you, your husband and those precious dogs!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Brenda!! Love the photos, and it's good to see one of you, too!! It looks and sounds like you had a good Christmas and also New Year's Eve. You 2014 has already started over there and we still have 90 minutes to go in 2013!! Be blessed and may the new year bring much happiness, good health and prosperity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Terri. I hope 2014 treats you well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great Christmas, love those socks I would be proud to wear such fine foxy socks :-)
    and the wine looks fun too. What a nice idea, and 'art series' of wine. Think that's a great idea

    ReplyDelete