Sunday 2 March 2014

March Wind and Chicken Cobbler

As promised from last week, here's the recipe for chicken cobbler. I have to make my own biscuits, and the last time, because I didn't have any cream soup, I made my own cream of potato soup. If you have all the ingredients on hand, this is an easy quick dish to make.

Ingredients:
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower and broccoli)
1 can (10 1/2 oz.) cream of potato soup
3/4 cup milk (recipe calls for whole milk which I don't use)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups (1/2 inch pieces) rotisserie chicken meat
1 package (10 - 12 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (each cut into quarters)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400ยบ F. In a non-stick skillet, combine frozen veggies, undiluted soup, milk and pepper; cover and cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are unthawed, stirring once. Stir in chicken.
2) Transfer chicken mixture to a shallow 3 1/2 to 4 quart casserole or 13" by 9" ceramic or glass baking dish. Top with biscuit quarters, leaving space between pieces. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until biscuits are browned and mixture is heated through.

Note: Make sure vegetable pieces aren't too big so they cook. I usually cook them just a bit longer after they've thawed and then add the chicken.
Makes about 6 servings. 

And here's something I said I wanted to make last week as a gift:

I went out later to buy a smaller basket, but this one holds the homemade gifts I made up for a friend who celebrated her birthday yesterday. In the little bags I've mixed baking soda and epsom salt to be added to bath water along with about 10 drops of lavender essential oil. I much prefer showers to baths, though I must say I thoroughly enjoy baths with these 3 ingredients. Then I whipped up some coconut body butter. Okay it's extremely greasy, but my legs are especially dry in winter and the combination of coconut oil, olive oil and vitamin E, plus a few drops of the essential oil from the same company that I'd ordered the lavender oil from and which they'd gifted me, soften and stop the itch. Maybe that's why I've slid out of bed so easily these past few days. LOL.

This morning I decided to go out and buy some cartridges for my printer. I have been using re-cycled ink, which my printer doesn't take to. I'd almost say it rejects it. The sun was out, but oh that old March wind, and we have more of the same for tomorrow. Yesterday we had rain all day. It's just cloudy this afternoon. With all the rain we've had and the snow in the mountains, we're surely blessed.

Tomorrow is my sister Diana's birthday. I'm going to look for some old photos of her to put on facebook. That's usually her job for the rest of us. Hope everyone has a good week and better weather. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! This recipes sounds so good! It screams comfort food! I can't wait to try it. I love the gift basket you made for your friend. I can totally relate to dry skin. The bottom of feet are extremely dry. Happy Birthday to your sister! Posting old pictures is always fun! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, that really sounds good. It's like an easy chicken pot pie. Yum!! Your basket of goodies for your friend's birthday looks wonderful! I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete