Sunday 19 April 2015

Uphill Week

I'm one of those millions and more people who don't like Mondays, and I think everything started going uphill after I finally received a whatsapp message that was sent early on Monday morning. As we don't get unlimited data or messages with our phones here, most of us (I have a couple of friends who refuse to have it) use whatsapp. There's even a name for the addiction to using this messaging service.

I don't know why but when I'm using wifi, which I always do at home, my mobile doesn't advise me when I get a message. I only realise I have messages when I 'wake up' the phone. And I'm not one of those persons who is always looking at my phone to see if I have a message. You see my friend Chris had sent me that early message asking if I could take her cat Sami to the vet's as she was ill. Luckily Chris was able to get another friend to take Sami when I didn't answer. The news on poor Sami isn't good, so I ask for your prayers and positive thoughts. I haven't heard from Chris since Friday when she said Sami had come out from under the bed.

I'm sure that having to go to the vet's wasn't a pleasant experience for the little girl. I know how my Zara used to hate going. I don't know if I ever mentioned a time when a lady saw me struggling with Zara to get her to walk and she offered to help. It was always the same. I had to pull on Zara to get her there, and after we'd finished at the vet's she'd run me home. By the way, my photo is from the park where we used to go. I loved living in the street where I lived for so many years because the park was right behind my house. 

So Monday started out badly, possibly because I was worried about Sami and felt guilty about not getting the message about her sooner.. On my way to my last classes, I realised or hoped I'd left my phone at my previous student's house since I couldn't seem to find it in my handbag nor in my bookbag. Recently I read or heard that we women lose an average of 107 days of our lives trying to find things in our bags. The phone was where I'd left it and not in my bags or worse stolen: on the table in Ana's house, so her brother brought it to me. Then when I left my last class, I left my glasses case (without the glasses though). Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed or so they say.

This weekend has been one where I do all the usual things. I was going to defrost my fridge, but have decided to leave that until next weekend. For once my floors aren't dirty and I didn't want a mess to clean up. Instead I've decided to go through more old papers and old textbooks to throw out or give away.

Not much excitement in my week, but here you have it. Sure hope yours was better and that we all have a good week ahead of us.  

5 comments:

  1. Days like the one you describe here are just awful, and we all have them. Thank goodness most days are better!! I hope Sami will get better. Please keep us posted, and count on my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a lovely looking park in the photo, bet you enjoyed living there. Lol. I do sympathise about the technology thing in general. Not specifically about the parts of technology you have problems with, just technology in general. I am at the point of needing a new phone, I know I desperately need a new phone but apart from the effort it takes to learn how to use a new one, there is the expense involved, and anyway, I guess I just don't like change. I had to buy a new battery for it the other day which I resent doing because I know the whole phone needs replacing. It stopped connecting to the internet a while ago and the guy in the shop wasn't much help, he said I must phone O2 for a new code or something, which I don't want to do because I probably wouldn't understand what he said...... oh how I hate technology sometimes :-) Anyhow... hope the news is better on Sami, and hope you are finding things a little less stressful now :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Loretta-it is difficult to keep up with all the technology-so we basicly don't do it-lol we have trak phones here--which have no monthly fees, and we buy just a regular plain cell phone-and I buy the minutes two years at a time so I don't need to remember to add minutes-if you let the minutes expire than you lose all your minutes-and we have quite allot on there now. this company does have the smart phones but where we live we don't need all that. we carry the phone when we go into town and we can buy our plain phones for around $14.00 and I replace them every 2 years or so just so they won't break down.

      Delete
  3. I recently heard or read that things like phones and other devices were made to last just so long. I really like my LG phone and it's the second LG I've had. I try to get as cheap a phone as I can, or sometimes we're offered free ones. The monthly rates aren't cheap, so I think phones should be free or greatly reduced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-I think the monthly fees are way too high as are the smart phones-too much money to have to pay

      Delete